Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Pandemic Prepared

So This Is How It Started????


The SWINE Causes the FLU?? {Not Really}

I have this Amazing Daughter that is Prepared for any Disaster. {NICOLE} She Researches, She Reads, She Surfs The Net and then goes into action. Yes Nicole will be prepared for any disaster...I am the Lucky Mom that gets to tag along or gets sent on these wild adventures. Monday morning I received a somewhat panicked phone call from Nicole....it was early, she knew what she wanted but had to get the kids off to school. {Mom is still good for something} By 8:30 I was on my way to a Medical Supplier to buy Surgical Masks.

Photobucket

Mind you it could not just be any surgical mask, from her research it had to be the N-95's which kept any germs from coming through, not germs going out. She was sure there would be a run on them. True to form she was right and the clerk told me there were only 3 boxes left. Happy and Content I walked out the door with 2 boxes of masks. Quickly dialing Nicole I put her mind at ease. We Are Prepared! {Apparently Not enough} NOPE!!! Later that night Nicole tucked her kids in bed and we were off to Wallmart stocking up on medication. She had the list of symptoms the Swine Flu would have.... we covered them all. WHEW!!! This girl knows her stuff!!

So 3 days later we are on a Level 5 Alert? One more level and we are in a Worldwide Pandemic!! Scary.....no worries we have covered our bases and have the home front covered. Hopefully we will not need our supplies and we can just tuck them away for another rainy day!! Thanks for keeping me on my toes Nicole :)


***Did you know out of fear EGYPT slottered all their pigs because they were scared! Who knows....... pigs may be on the endangered species list soon.**** {kidding}

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Okay really, I'm not a freak :) - I realize after this post that may be up for debate- But I'd rather be over prepared than needing something I don't have or can't get! Thanks mom for always entertaining my crazy ideas!