Sunday, November 9, 2008

Going...Going...GONE



This weekend we had an Auction for our Young Single Adult Ward...actually there were 4 wards involved. The money raised would be used to finance a Sub for Santa. I had a grand idea.....I thought it would be fun to make a quilt to auction off. I quickly started sewing up a storm. I chose a pretty simple quilt that would work up quickly....it was one of moms patterns. The place I had it quilted was so great to work me in because it was for a charity. Here is the finished quilt............

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


A Bishop of one of the other wards and his wife were the ones who got it. She wanted to use it as a crib quit for her grandkids...a perfect match!!

Mark and I also auctioned off a horse ride and lunch for 2 hoping to encourage a date!! A darling girl in our ward bought it so we will see how that turns out.

I was the high bid on a custom blog design....imagine that!! I am in hopes that I can have her teach me a few things about how to design a custom blog. It was a great purchase and I look forward to getting together with her.

All in all the Auction went very well and the four wards raised over $4,000. This should make enough funds for an amazing Sub For Santa for several families. This made me realize that Christmas is just around the corner...Yikes, I better get going!!

4 comments:

Nicole said...

I am still sad the quilt was bought by someone other than me! It was SOooo cute!

Amy said...

The quilt turned out soo cute! What a good idea! I love what you did on the borders.

Emily Redd said...

that is sooo hilarious! That Bishop and his wife are on of my best friends parents! I know they are expecting several gran babies. How funny! Their daughter Lisanne is one of my best friends from high school and we still get together all the time. I just took their whole family pictures. how funny....small world

The Sieverts said...

Darling quilt. I dont know how you "work them up so fast" you are amazing!