Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Frosty Came To Town

We woke up to SNOW! Wow, it just kept coming down hard all day. It is November 5th and we were plummeted with 7" of SNOW!! Well we just couldn't leave it untouched. The little boys were so excited to play in the SNOW. We built our first SNOWMAN of the year. The SNOW did not cooperate it was light and fluffy and would not roll so we had to use our buckets! However.....Frosty is not welcome to stick around too long I am not quite ready for the cold weather. BURRRRRR



A cold day calls for nice warm soup. The guys were out of town, Nicole and I were feeling somewhat domestic and decided to make a new recipe I had gotten from one of my quilting friends. Minestrone soup. YUMMY! Thanks Kathy. Warm soup and homemade bread. Ok, so i did cheat a little bit. It is just soooo easy to throw the ingredients in a bread maker and 3 hours later have fresh hot bread. We made 14 grain whole wheat bread. The only problem is I never seem to get a nice round smooth loaf of bread but it is always tasty!!



The Season is changing......

Warm Coats, Slushy Roads, Boots & Scarfs, Crackling Fires, All those SNOW words, Snow Skiing, Snowmobiling, Snow Boarding, Snowball Fights and of course SNOWMEN!! It's coming!

Mom you left just at the right time...Hope you are enjoying the sunshine!
Miss You

5 comments:

Nicole said...

MMM... good soup and hot bread on a COLD day! We are good cooks :)

Nicole said...

Also: You are such a quick poster... I never have a chance! I'll just post on my blog for everyone to look at your blog to see what my family has been up to :)

Debbie said...

Brrrr! Too cold for me, but the soup looks good! Why don't you post the recipe? I will expect to see it!

Jenny Rossi said...

Little jealous thats what you get to eat and play with while im stuck in the office....being bored :). Looks all awesome Linda!!

The Sieverts said...

Cute Snowman! You are such a fun grandma!