Thursday, October 23, 2008

Quilting Getaway

Two Quilting events in one month...how lucky am I? Does that mean I have too much time on my hands? I took two of my friends up to the cabin this week to quilt....Pat and Kathy.

We had such a great time! Everyone brought something different to work on which was fun. I had bought a layer cake of "Recipe for Friendship" that is a Moda line, my quilt is a real easy pattern I thought would work up pretty quick. I had my rows all lined up to sew together and could see that the quilt was too small. DANG!! I decided I needed to buy another cake, so I was at a stand still with nothing else to do. I love these...they are Mary Englebright prints..alot of personality and color to the patterns.




Kathy was machine quilting a project and it captured my attention. This is something I have always wanted to do. She had taken a class and had a hand out and some good information on the "How To's". This will be the next technique I would like to try and master. There could be money saved by machine quilting your own projects.
$$ SAVED!!

We went for an early morning walk after breakfast enjoying the crisp morning air and the beautiful mountains. They had each brought a meal to fix, they are great cooks.....as usual we did not lack yummy food! We had some great discussions on food storage and decided we were going home to focus more on getting prepared. We all took an assignment to research and bring back to the table....alot of great ideas and suggestions. There is something wonderful about quilting with friends and ...something great always comes from a day of quilting.

**Quilting Tip...If you find it hard to thread the needle in your machine, put a finger behind the eye. The flesh colour will show behind and make it easier to see where to aim the thread.

4 comments:

Cathy Ehlert said...

Thanks so much for filling my "bucket" with good food, good company, good preparedness tips and good quilting! So fun!! Love your blog btw.

Jenny Rossi said...

Those are awesome!! A get away sounds perfect about this point! You got some mad skills woman! :)

Grandma said...

I always have a tough time threading! What a great hint!! I wish I had friends that quilt! Darn!

The Sieverts said...

You are the quilting Diva. How fun! Enjoyed reading all the stuff on your blog. Its so cute!