Monday, October 6, 2008

Oh BABY!!!

31 Years of love, friendship, commitment, happiness, togetherness, fun times, lets be honest trials and sorrow too but mostly just being in love!!
Oct. 4th was our 31st Anniversary! Wow I am still thinking that I am only 31 years old. Where has the time gone? Ok, I dug deep and pulled out these pictures from the Wedding Album! I thought we might all get a little chuckle from them hmmm.....how times have changed!




Mark proposed to me on a lake up in the Uintahs......(which I should write a whole separate post on someday) we actually won the Great Engagement from OC Tanner which gave us $300.00 to spend in their store!
I thought this invitation might give Amy a fresh new idea for designing some Wedding Invitations.....ha ha ha.
What did we do for our anniversary? Well.....
A Hunting We Will Go! Yep, I married Jerimiah Monsen!


If you know the Monsen's it goes without saying that October is the month of hunting no questions asked. I am pretty much a hunting widow during the month. Hmmmm...not sure how we picked this month to get married. Mark is usually so good and arranges to be home for our anniversary but this year he drew out a special permit that started on Oct. 4th. I decided to suck it up and go with him on the hunt. It is always fun and exciting, the mountains are absolutely beautiful and full of color! However, the weather did not fully cooperate with us...... it rain and rained and rained some more. Did this stop us? Nope, Mark just kept going and going. He did have me prepared for anything......before we left on the hunt he took me to Cabela's and outfitted me in Camo. He was being nice I'm sure, but also in years past when I have gone with him you learn real fast that you have to be sneaky....very sneaky! My levi's would swish as I would walked and often he would turn around and give me that BE QUIET look! So the new camo really helped.

I have learned to tip toe ever so softly through crunchy leaves and brittle sticks. This year I was prepared...my pants did not swish, I was Camoed out and I was SNEAKY.... VERY SNEAKY!! he he he! The night of our anniversary it had been raining all day, we were soaked to the bone. We left our clothes by the wood stove to dry and went into town for dinner. How about that...A Steak Dinner in Delta Utah on our anniversary!! You spoil me Honey! he he he I really am married to an amazing person that I love and cherish very much! He is a wonderful Dad, Grandpa and Husband! I couldn't ask for a better eternal partner!!


Love you tons Mark!!





8 comments:

Linda said...

Precious!! I hope to have the same 31 years to write about someday!! I love you both!! XOXO Sara Jayne

Nicole said...

I love all the pictures! You have had such an exciting 31 years of marriage...never a dull moment for you two! You guys are the best parents ever...sure love you and am glad you got married!

The Collins said...

Congrats!! Ya'll are the cuttest couple, and I just loved looking at your pictures!

Debbie said...

Those pictures are hilarious! Such a cute post! Oh my gosh, were we ever that young???? Loved it!

Grandma said...

I loved the pictures and
commentary! You are a great blogger! Wish I could do something like that! That was so darn cute! Could you run both of your last blogs for me?/ I want the Conference one and the anniversary one! Please!

Jenny Rossi said...

Ok I am totally using some of these poses for my engagements I shoot! :) Those are sooo stinkin cute, ya'll look the same ha! As for the conference talk i always knew you were right about these blogs.....CIT :)!! Rose

Darcie said...

so cute linda! I always thought all your daughters looked just like you, but seeing the pics of Mark in younger days totally makes me think they look like him!

And boy, you wear the camo well. :)

Cathy Ehlert said...

All I have to say is that you DO NOT look 31 years older than the day you two got married...a very cute couple then and now. Thanks for your example of blissful marital longevity!