Tuesday, October 7, 2008

LDS General Conference

I look so forward to Conference time.....The talks are always so powerful and seem to give me that little nudge I need to keep moving forward. This year I was gone, having no access to a television. I felt so bad, I knew that I was going to miss some amazing messages that I needed to hear! I was literally in the top of the mountains hunting with Mark. Lucky? It rained and rained all day! You know that means you should be home watching conference! Someone must want us home watching and listening. Because it rained we hopped in the truck and drove the roades looking for deer. We were able to tune into the afternoon Saturday Session of Conference. I was so touched by the words spoken we sat in the same place and didn't move so we would not loose reception! Such great talks and messages! I loved the childrens choir! They were angels, I couldn't wait to get home and watch them online! It always makes me so happy to hear the little primary songs! Love them!! Megan had been given an assignment in seminary to take notes on conference and then to write 20 one liners. As I sat with her and read her notes and her one liners I was inspired!! I would love to get them printed up for her and hang them all around her room. What a great assignment! I have made a huge effort to get online and listen to the talks I missed. Here are some one liners I heard.......
Nothing is as constant as change Our one and only chance at mortal life is here and now. Find joy in the journey NOW! Come what may and love it!(one of my favorite) If ingratitude be numbered among the serious sins then gratitude takes it place among the noblest of virtues. For it is by Faith that angels appear and administer unto man. Never let a problem to be solved become more important than a person to be loved! If you pile up enough of tomorrows you find you collect alot of empty yesterdays! Be grateful for the abundance that is present. Take heart, be filled with faith and remember the Lord has said he would fight our battles. In the stregnth of the Lord I can do all things. Viritious women and men possess a quiet dignity and inner stregnth. If records had been kept of prayers answered the world could not contain the many volumes. You be the one to make a stand for the right even if you stand alone..have the moral courage to be a light for others to follow.

These simple thoughts are right on. Life could be so easy if only we could stay focused daily. WOW!! Thank goodness for the Semi Annual Conference I love the words of wisdom!

1 comment:

Grandma said...

I have written comments twice! I loved your thoughts and how you published them! We really enjoyed a wonderful conference in front of a roaring fire! I was very touched by Elder Hollands remarks. He said in special times of need that the Lord sends angels. Remember when Dad has a special blessing from A member of the Stake Presidency when he was so bad... He promised him that Angels would walk with him and keep him safe! I will never forget that! I hope to be better about attending the Temple this year. It is hard but I am glad I can just sit! I am so blessed to have such wonderful and faithful children! Love You!