Sunday, October 12, 2008

Quilt Fest


How lucky I am to have such an incredible mother that taught us to love sewing......Who would of know that years later we would enjoy sewing all together! Thanks Mom!! Well it was that time of year again where some of my sisters and mom gather and sew for days at a time, some of us into the wee hours of the night. We watch movies, eat.... I feel like endlessly, laugh, enjoy visits from other family and create a treasured quilt. I have amazing sisters and a mother that I love to spend time quilting with.




Our cute little sister Cari has joined the quilt group.



Glasses now REQUIRED at all times!


I have this neighbor that is an amazing quilter.........Cody Mazuran. Debbie and I ran into seam problems and ran across the street to get an experts opinion. She solved our problem and our seams laid perfectly flat~ Thanks Cody!!


After many hours of nothing but sewing we took a well deserved break and where did we go? Yep off to the quilt store....Material Girls.....I could spend hours in this store and be happy!







My girls always love to come over while we are sewing to visit. They know there will be great company and good food. Nicole is a very good cook and brought us over some hot apple crisp one night for dessert! YUMMY! "Blessed are the children of the piecemakers, for they shall inherit the quilts" Katie was having a baby shower for her friend and came over for a quick creative chat! What to do for a centerpiece? Each of us put in our ideas and came up with a creative construction zone! Kind of a cute idea for a little boy...

All in all we had a great time quilting, creating and what? Blogging? Some of us had a hard time focusing and couldn't quite keep ourself on task......hmmmmm not sure who that was....

After hours and hours of sewing the finished product is always gratifying. So here you go....

Prairie Blossoms



Another treasured quilt!

****Quilt Tip**** Each time you unfold a quilt, fold it back up in a different way avoiding the same fold lines. This will prevent your quilt from forming the unwanted deep fold lines.

6 comments:

Nicole said...

Looks like lots of fun...I think it is time to begin instructing the next generation of quilters...I know I'm lacking in that area! Maybe a cousins quilt class???

Debbie said...

Yeah...you beat me to the punch!!! I was in the sky while you were at the computer trying to one up me!!!!! And yes, my quilt is not finished...stay tuned it will appear. I had a great time....you put on a good party...however, the pictures hmmmmmmmm don't like the computer one! Your quilt looks incredible...love ya Deb

The Sieverts said...

Your quilt turned out so cute! i'm going to steal some of your pictures for my personal blog, i can't find my camera!

Grandma said...

Cute Blog! Wish you had put this on the main Schaar blog!! Loved the pictures!

Emily said...

love it, very cute! Linda, you look so great in those pictures...your hair is so darling! YOu seriously look so pretty! Cari looks gorgeous too, all of you look great, I wish I had the Schaar secret! Cute pics! Love the quilts.

Shelley said...

The quilts look great. You are all so talented. You go girls. Make me one if you get the time.
Shelley