Friday, February 27, 2009

I have FIVE Fabulous Sisters!!

Photobucket

I have been scanning some of moms pictures, these are just a few of my favorites with the sisters. So Many memories.......

Growing up with 5 sisters there was always something exciting going on.

I REMEMBER.........
Our dog named Tina, helping pick cherries across the street to make a little extra money, going to the Sarah Theater for Saturday Matinees, playing Annie -I- Over for hours, Dad making sure we always went up and down the stairs like a lady, driving away from our home in Orem, moving to Salt Lake and seeing Mitze and Mark Andersen standing at their door with the mumps waving goodbye to us, tubing down the canal hoping the rats wouldn't get us, jumping on Hawkins tramp for hours at a time, Kathy's big jar of jaw breakers Phil gave her to eat while he was away

I REMEMBER..........
Driving the Green Volks Wagon down thru Holladay with Alice...after a few frantic honks from other cars, we turned around to see that our car was on fire!! Dad had just stretched the budget to buy this car for Alice and Debbie to have at BYU and as I remember it was not yet insured!

I REMEMBER..........
Borrowing each others clothes, laughing, arguing, the chore box, moping the slate and dusting the black circles, running from a certain sister's fists in the back (ha ha), Dad chasing away peeping toms, going on Family vacations in the camper and trips to Lake Powell. I am so lucky to have grown up with FIVE Amazing SISTERS.


Photobucket


Photobucket

Christmas 1965 (Below) All our outfits were sewn by mom...remember the white tree and all the tent dresses mom use to sew for us?
Photobucket

Photobucket

These were my favorite dresses mom made for us. I remember singing at several events......."Shake Me I Rattle" and "How Much is That Doggie In The Window"

Photobucket

I guess what brought this post about is that next week a few of the sisters are going to Kathy's condo in San Diego to spend a week. I look forward to this little get away each year, we have so much fun just hanging out!! We will miss you mom also Shelley and Cari. AHHHH.... looking so forward to the get away!! I am anxious to see the sunshine!!!

Photobucket


The best thing about having a sister is that I always have a friend.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Oh my gosh....I remember all those things! That was fun to read. It is hard to believe we were that young at one time! Yikes! That makes me feel old.