Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Reflections


This past Christmas I had many overwhelming thoughts and memories of Dad. I have been helping mom with some Genealogy..... I was typing up a document Dad had written and ran into this paragraph. I was smiling and crying all at the same time!!

"The Schaar Christmas Eve started at noon with a great lunch with all the kids. We opened gifts as a result of drawing names. I always give a prize for the best homemade gift. You can’t imagine the gifts that these girls come up with. I want it in writing how very proud as their Father I was of them for their efforts that they put forth on them. Outstanding!! Kathy always does such a splendid job. I thought she was going to be the only one that would follow her Mother in home talents. Debbie you can’t believe what she came up with. The article isn’t important. The thought and workmanship were so very fine. Alice has been so very busy getting thru school and as just being married April 1977 hasn’t gotten the self confidence yet. She made herself a Christmas tree skirt and copied one that Linda had done. It was a masterpiece. Linda is so talented and is such a dear. Mark her husband is so good for her. She got a sewing machine for Christmas and already she is off and running. Debbie won the prize. I truly must watch this prize situation to not hurt anyone’s feelings. They are so very precious to me. I love them all so much."



I have such fond memories of our Christmas outings with dad. He was so proud of all his girls. What choice memories mom is documenting for us all!! Thanks mom sure love you!!


2 comments:

Nicole said...

I love that picture of Grandpa! Sounds like you are finding some pretty fun stuff in your genealogy work! :) I hope you are making copies for me :) Love ya

Nicole said...

ps I really don't like how you took off all your links on the sidebar!