Wednesday, August 27, 2008

School, Schedules and Smiles



I have to join the ranks of the back to school moms that get butterflies.  Yes I know, I only have Megan left and yes, she is now in High School.  But the night before school I get the jittery stomach and begin to worry about the first day of school.  Poor Megan to have to deal with me and my anxieties although I try to hide it.  I remember being one of those kids that had to be tourn out of moms arms.  Maybe this left me emotionally scarred.  I even had to have a school counselor come and pick me up for school a few times until I decided I just would not do that anymore!!  The great part about school starting is everything gets back to somewhat of a normal schedule.  The laxidazical days of summer are gone.  Megan can no longer sleep the day away or play all day with her friends, eat continuously, require non ending sums of money for endlessly entertaining herself.  The rigourious days of school are upon us.  I guess that means that I have to buckle down also and get the lunches packed and the wash done and dinners on the table...there will be schedules to keep.  YIKES!!  I had to smile as I dropped Megan off the first day.  We had to time our arrival just perfectly.   She could not just wait outside for her friend all by herself...that would make her a nerd.  So we sondered past the school and had to drive up the street a ways and flip a "U" turn until we saw her friend.  Then she was out like a shot with the power of friends to escourt her into the first day of HIGH SCHOOL!!  I remember so well those school days.  Megan has always been a great student and will have a blast this year being a cheerleader.  It is always nice to get the first day over with and settle in for the next 10 months of school.  Don't Worry...Be Happy!! :)

No comments: