Thursday, August 7, 2008

Safely Gathered In....


I ran into this post on my friends blog...safely gathered in.... and this was just what I needed to get me going.  I always have food storage in the back of my mind.....guess that is the problem it is in the back!  Who would not love to have your family "safely gathered in"  during a disaster and have everything you need right on hand.   We have all listened to the council given "....(President Gordon B Hinckley) The best storehouse is the family storeroom.  In words of revelation the Lord has said, "Organize yourselves: prepare every needful thing." (D&C 109:8).  Our people for three-quarters of a century have  been counseled and encouraged to make such preparation as will assure survival should a calamity come..... I must admit I am a little unsettled and frightened with all the disasters and quakes going on everywhere....it soon will be our turn, YIKES!!  I have fallen short and I am a little behind. This is a great site to help get motivated and reorganize your storage on a timely schedule.  There are a lot of good recipies given that use the beans, wheat etc. that we all have and don't really know how to use...at least I am a little unsure of.  I don't have an emergency car kit, this had lots of great advice on this subject.  Anyway, take a peek at this site and let me know what you think.  I am committed to reorganize and be prepared.  Just add it to your link and share it with others.
"If ye are prepared ye shall not fear" (D&C 38:30)

2 comments:

Nicole said...

I LOVE this site and have added it to my blog! I have already started making my menu A and menu B meal plans...want to copy my meals??? :) now just to buy all the food!

Debbie said...

I have checked out the web site. I love it, but I need to research it more! Thanks for the info