Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Lake Powell Bliss


Click to play Check out my Smilebox

We love Lake Powell! How things have changed....I no longer fight for my turn to ski but enjoy watching the kids have fun. Water skiing seems to be a thing of the past. Most of our time is spent wakeboarding, surfing, wake skating, tubing and riding the wave runners. So many fun things to do. The little grandboys are now tryng their hand at water skiing. Nicole and Nate keep us going in style....they serve up pina coladas and strawberry daquiri's each day to keep us cool. At night Nate sets us up with a big screen movie under the stars....Lake Powell style. We tuck the kids in, gather the treats and enjoy the show!! Does it get any better than that? Remember going up the canyons with mom and dad until we were literally walking up it with our hands guiding the boat on the rocks? Mom always loved Labrinth Canyon. This is still one of our favorite things to do. Does anyone remember Dad always saying "SHARK" while we were swimming in the deep water? I still have the panic feeling of someone letting a shark go in the waters of Lake Powell and it zeroing in on me. I still don't like being in the water all alone...especially the really deep water all by myself....I would be helplessly alone and vulnerable. I remember Dad saying SHARK and I would swim as fast and as hard as I could to get to him and wrap my entire body around him bringing my toes up so they would not get nibbled on by the fish. I knocked dad's expensive perscription sunglasses off him and watched as they sunk, unreachable, into the deep dark water!! Boy did I ever get in trouble! What do you remember about our early childhood Lake Powell trips? Lake Powell a little piece of heaven!


4 comments:

Nicole said...

Love the slideshow!

The Sieverts said...

What a fun way to see lake powell. loved the pics. i'm so jealous. great memories!

Emily said...

that looks like so much fun! love lake powell, maybe i'll get there again someday! Kimball has never been there, sad huh! i love the slide show.

Shelley said...

Lake Powell is the best...We will have to meet for a trip sometime...