Thursday, September 4, 2008

Material Girls

What could be more fun than a day of shopping for fabric with your mom and sisters? Debbie is in town this week so of course fabric shopping was on the docket. I love it!!
We went to Material Girls, a fabulous quilt store in Riverton. The store was loaded with adorable things... we spent hours admiring patterns and petting fabric. Debbie and I chose the pattern and fabric for our next project, Cari was busy choosing adorable fabric to make a table runner and surprise, surprise, mom was choosing fabric to make a new purse that she found! She loves to make bags and purses. I know I am gonna want one of these!! We walked out of Material Girls...arms loaded with fabric and our minds swimming with new ideas yet to be created.




We could not go home just yet, it was off to lunch at Kneaders then a quick stop at Quilts Etc. to pick up a few MORE pieces of fabric for our quilt!














Here is a sneek peak at the fabric we chose for
the quilt!! Cute, Cute!! This was the first time I bought eveything I would need......boarders, binding, back fabric etc. I was a little frightened at the bill...CHA CHING!!! All in a days work. I am so anxious to get going on it. Now it is the anticipation for Oct. 8th. A new project... a new quilt to be created! YIPEE!!


I only think about quilts on days that end with a "Y"

1 comment:

Amy said...

We dared my mom not to take any fat quarters with her on this trip...I suppose buying them there doesn't count? haha.

Looks like oh so much fun...and I'm being serious...no making fun! I love the quilts & am excited to see the newest pattern & color palette!