Saturday, September 6, 2008

Garage Sale


Butternut Road is known for its fabulous garage sales!! Mom has the perfect location to draw people in off of 45th South!! It has been a few years since we have had a family garage sale. After remodeling our house and many years of gathering junk it was time! I knew I had lots of stuff to get rid of, Cari said maybe she could come up with some stuff and Nicole said she would bring a few things! Good golly Molly!!!! We had a huge sale! The yard was overflowing.
Nicole made us some great signs so it was up to Cari and I to hang them! Oh geeze, I hate doing that in the middle of the day...someone might recognize me! he he.....This is when it is great to be the older sibling! I drove while Cari diligently hammered, taped and stragetically hung the signs. We had a great crowd, a steady stream all day! The biggest problem we had was buying each others items. Some of us spent more than we made.....Mom was redecorating her house with her purchases the night we were putting stuff out....so funny! We had to be sure and beat Pat and Ann Manning to the punch....they always love previewing our loot!!



Cute Lexi had freshly baked cookies, cold soda and water to entice the shoppers! She made a bundle!! Our Garage sale was so good that we even had out of town people attending and shopping the buys! he he
I couldn't help but think of Dad......The Garage Sale King....he was our biggest supporter! The best salesman of all, always visiting with the customers and luring them into buying our stuff! If you needed something sold he was on it.....we could of used him today! Sure miss him! All in all it was a fun day, and better than that I was able to get rid of alot of stuff that was taking up needless room in our house! Thanks mom for being the hostess house for a Great Sale!

6 comments:

Amy said...

I should have flown up just to bargain shop at the garage sale! I have a house that will need furnishing shortly!

Debbie said...

You guys are goofs......I should have stayed for the action!!!! I'm glad it went well...who made the most loot?

Emily said...

Dang, I see some stuff in the background that I would have liked to purchase! Maybe I should have come down from our vacay in Park City for the sale! Looks like you made a bundle! Congrats on the success...there is nothing like a good garage sale!

Nicole said...

To answer the question of who made the most loot...that would definitely be Linda. Cari bought more than she sold :) and it seemed like every time I turned around something of mine got broken. My mom would say "oh, don't worry about it-no big deal" and they would promise to buy something at the sale-each time resulting in a purchase of one of her items! Oh well, all in all it was a fun day hanging out at grandma's house watching the Mexicans steal .50 cent items! :)

The Sieverts said...

Linda i've been waiting for you to post this blog on the schaar family... i guess i'll put something on there. it turned out cute. Thanks for refreshing my house and i was glad you were able to make some money for it too. benefits of the little sis!

Grandma said...

I am still frustrated that you cleaned up while I was at lunch! I was not thru shopping!!! On Well! We are the Garage Sale hot spot!