Monday, June 1, 2009

Memorial Day

I am not sure where the
Merry Month of May went. Life has been soooo busy!! It was great to take a few days over the Memorial Holiday and enjoy the cabin. Although the cabin is open year round the long Holiday gives us a chance to start cleaning up for the summer months ahead. We have a lot of planned activities with our YSA ward at the cabin and need to get it tidied up! Have I ever said how much work it is to have a cabin? There is so much up keep and I now appreciate all the hard work that my Dad and Mom did keeping up Bear Lake for the family.

Photobucket


Photobucket

We pretty much have pioneered the land around our cabin ripping out sage brush to expand the area, keeping the weeds under control, mowing, staining the deck, fixing fences etc...this list is very familiar to any cabin owner. Mark always has a project or chores to do....I remember feeling like we could never go to Bear Lake and just play, there was always a major project or chores to be done. I'm sure our kids must feel the same way....actually sometimes Mark and I feel that way...always something to do. However, I must say.... I love improving, fixing up and working at the cabin.....it always brings pleasing results and such satisfaction.

PS We always find at least some time to play!!


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

The Sieverts said...

Looks like sooo much fun! When is the big family party? Plan it! We want to come up!