Monday, June 29, 2009

CAMP REPORT......

Photobucket

Camp was Fabulous!! Honestly the girls make camp what it is. I could of just packed food and gone and we would of had a blast!! They are so much fun to be with and carry such a magical spirit with them. Our ward has a youth choir that is unbelievable.......ok, some may say what the heck...but let me tell you...... they are not afraid to sing and this brings such a spirit with it. 28 Girls singing..... Disney, pop songs, camp songs and spiritual songs they were awesome.

Photobucket


Photobucket

We were the Incredible Faithables for our skit...YEA we kind of blew it but had fun!! They gave us only 20 minutes to make up a skit.... while fixing dinner for 32 people.
Go figure!!

Photobucket


Photobucket

The girls loved the sweats the pillowcase and the mailboxes were a hit. Not only did they write cute notes to their secret sister, they also wrote notes to anyone they wanted. We loved the idea of writing fun notes instead of buying secret sister gifts. As a mother I always thought this was a waste because it was one more thing to do...one more thing to think about...hard to come up with. The notes simplified and saved money for the girls:) Its all about simplifying right? I need to remind myself of that!!

Photobucket

Using Shoes for the Stake theme was a great idea and there were so many fun cute things done by the stake!! Our ward PUMPED IT UP. I missed the group photo on the shoes. There were so many cute ones....this pic will have to do.

Photobucket


We had some Camp Signs that I had some of the girls make and also my girls helped me do some of them. Some chose scriptures and others were just random cute quotes......a fun addition to camp!

Photobucket

Photobucket

We did get some rain :( ~at night~ It was great to see the blessing come each night as the stake had something planned.... the dark black heavy clouds would roll in breaking up giving us just enough time to finish. We would get the girls buttoned down in their tent and the rain came dumping buckets. The night of the Testimony Meeting the clouds were so heavy and black... just as we began the meeting...yep...you know how it goes..... the sun peaked out from behind the clouds.... the clouds broke and gave us a good hour for testimonies. We watched as testimonies were born the clouds literally gathering together again waiting their turn to let loose. I actually had no problem with it and it added quite a fun dimension to camp.

Photobucket

We had a blast!! Loved CAMP of 09...PUMP IT UP BABY

Photobucket

5 comments:

Nicole said...

Everything turned out So cute! The camp looks so cute and fun. I'm glad the rain held off for you. (until night anyway) You shouldn't have pulled it off so well, maybe next year...? :)

Debbie said...

Very cute! It makes me tired just to look at it. Looks like you were a huge success. The best part now is that it is OVER!

Kimberly said...

Very fun! I remember when you were my camp director...it was a blast back then too. My favorite was fixing the food in the horse trailer:). You sure have a knack for this.

Linda said...

Kim I am so happy to hear from you!! Update your blog girl!! Courtney was such a huge help to me!

The Sieverts said...

So darling and you made it so much fun for the girls! They'll never let you go!